For Ice Cream Base:
- 3/4 cup Haden’s Aquafaba
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Blended Milk Mixture:
- 3/4 cup plan-based milk of choice (soy, almond, oat, rice, cashew)
- 1/4 cup canola oil or any other neutral flavored oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (additional for vanilla ice cream) Or pick one of the additional flavor options-
- 1/2 cup berries or fruit
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 peanut butter
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- Beat aquafaba on high speed with a mixer for 6 minutes until very fluffy.
- Add a tbsp of vanilla and beat again for about a minute.
- Continue to beat the aquafaba while slowly adding the powdered sugar a few tablespoons at a time until it is well blended and very fluffy (about 2 minutes). Make sure to beat the aquafaba for a total of 9 minutes start to finish.
- Put milk of choice, oil and flavor of choice into a blender and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk mixture into the fluffy aquafaba a little at a time, folding in. Don’t over stir or your ice cream will lose its fluffiness.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and immediately freeze for at least 4 hours to set completely.